The tabla consists of two small drums made of hollowed-out wood, clay, or metal. The smaller drum (daya) is used for creating treble and tonal sounds, while the primary function of the larger drum (bayan) is for producing bass.
Tabla Instrumental Advance Level Course
- Introduction to drut laya.
- Introduction to “farmaishi” chakradhar.
- 2 gats in to be taught with complex bols.
- Introduction to “tukra”.
- Differentiation between gats and tukra.
- Two “tukra” to learn with complex bols.
- Revision of all levels so far.
- Introduction to “Rauna” (A traditional Farrakkhabad composition) (one composition with 6 improvisation and 1 tehaai).
- Introduction to “padhan” ( A Lucknow composition).