Mozart is the Introductory level of Keyboard Course.
Keyboard Instrumental Course Level 1 Mozart
The Mozart Level is the introductory level where the student gets to familiarize themself with the instrument and learns the basics. Apart from chord and rhythm identification, song performance is also taught at this level.
- INTRODUCTION –
- Getting to know about the instrument and the differences between a keyboard and a piano. Learning basic history and the techniques of how the sound is produced from the instrument
- NOMENCLATURE (KEYS)
- The names of the keys and their relation to the sound. Having a better understanding of the keyboard, along with a unique and faster way to identify them
- TONES AND SEMITONES
- A part of music theory that will help you to better know how to form a particular scale and a chord. The distance between every individual note and their sonic differentiation
- TUNE TYPES
- Understanding the basis of forming a tune and identifying various types of tunes and their properties for a better playing
- CHORDS (INTRODUCTION)
- The importance of chords and why are they necessary while the song is being played. Creating a particular feel and mood with the chords
- CHORDS (TYPES)
- Different types of chords that go along with a particular melody and song .Thus enhancing the overall performance of the player.
- SONG STRUCTURE
- Understanding various song structures and important aspects like verse, chorus, pre-hook and a hook .
- EAR TRAINING
- This section helps you to train your aural skills and thus getting closer to active listening skills. Aural training enhances the way you listen to a melody and transcribe that onto the keyboard/Piano
- SONG PERFORMANCE – 1
- Performance of a song by the teacher and a basic melody by the students helping them to showcase their skills with fellow students
- RHYTHM TRAINING
- Introduction to the rhythm that included tempo/metronome and various aspects of beats. Taping onto the accent of every bar and set up a method to be in tune with the rhythm
- RHYTHM TYPES AND IDENTIFICATION
- Identifying the various time signatures and their importance in music. Giving a better understanding with fine examples in a song.
- SCALES -MAJOR /MINOR
- Basic knowledge of scales and why is it important in music. How to form a scale and the feel of a scale according to the song
- FINGER EXERCISES
- This section will help you to train both hands together by having proper techniques and finger movements during the performance. Having a proper posture and strength while you perform
- SONG PERFORMANCE – 2
- A Performance by the teacher and then by the students to get into the feel of live performance.
- ONLINE JUGALBANDI (MASHUP)
- 2 students working on a piece composed by the teacher and playing different instruments which shall complement as well as differ during a performance.